Toyota Land Cruiser 70
And this...we just call this thing "Goliath". It's basically Toyota trying to squeeze a tank into a car shape. The throttle on this giant moves tectonic plates and warps the space-time continuum. When you drive it, roads become redundant and mountains turn into pathetic speed bumps. If Spartans had cars, they would've had a V8 turbo diesel Landcruiser just like this one... The 4.5-liter engine produces 205HP and 430N.m by default. Your brain tries to reason: "enough is enough", but your naughty side is curious: "what if it could do even more?". Well, it can. To be exact +32KW (40HP) and +110N.m more for STAGE 1 tune *OR* +43KW (65HP) and 155N.m torque for STAGE 2. You feel like having a 585N.m monster as your everyday ride? Come, talk to us...
|year:||2007 - present|
|engine:||4.5 V8 turbo diesel|
what you get
- We can add 40HP to the factory 202HP - resulting 242HP
This helps the car in maintaining the top legal speed, which is typically a challenge for any vehicle on a hilly road. This is a result of horsepower utilisation at the high end.
- We can add 120N.m torque to the factory 430N.m - resulting 550N.m Currently, a strength of modern diesel is torque. The vehicle will have heaps more grunt down low, will have more aggressive city drivability, especially at intersections, green lights, etc. In addition also better towing abilities since torque is responsible for getting the dead weight moving until you reach travel speeds.
- We can extend the dynamic RPM range which is responsible for delivering maximum power and torque in specific revs. By widening this range, the engine will have no chance to get outside of the top performing torque range, meaning no more lag while shifting gears.
- We’d also recommend increasing the boost pressure, optimizing the acceleration mixtures by adjusting certain parameters: aka Air Fuel Ratio (AFR), keeping Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) down and injection duration. These will ultimately give you that smooth power delivery that you’re after throughout the whole RPM range.
Fuel consumption is another beast altogether and since everyone loves fuel efficient vehicles it’s worth to mention how and why engines can save dollars. There are 5 main factors that determine fuel consumption and these are:
- engine controlling maps in ECU software
- condition of engine
- customized rims and tyres
- driver’s driving style