Range Rover Sport
The Range Rover Sport is a Get-Out-Of-Jail card for the performance enthusiast family man. It is. Let's see: your third kid is on the way, you have 3 cubic meters of grocery and baby stuff to pack every day, and your heart is broken as you had to sell your awesome RS6 - it just couldn't satisfy the needs of your family. Let's be honest, track days might be out of the question for the next few years too...However, that doesn't mean you have to settle for a dull people-carrier and give up your love of exciting drives. Land Rover was kind enough to create a beast just for you! It has more storage than a cargo plane, and the ergonomic interior allows your kids to hide their toys in a thousand different compartments and pockets. But -just between us- that's not what you really care about, is it? Well, here's the important part then: a 3.6 TDV8 engine with 272HP and 640N.m. Quite good, but we hear you; "Guys, this monster is more than 2 tonnes, is this enough GO to move that?". Of course, it isn't mate - but we can fix that. Add in 40 extra horses and 120N.m on top and you'll be the quickest daddy off the line!
|year:||2007 - 2010|
|model:||Ranger Rover Sport|
|ECU:||Siemens SID201 / 204|
what you get
- We can add 40HP to the factory 272HP - resulting 312HP
This helps the car in maintaining the top legal speed, which is typically a challenge for any vehicle on a hilly road. This is a result of horsepower utilization at the high end.
- We can add 120N.m torque to the factory 640N.m - resulting 760N.m
Currently, a strength of modern diesel is torque. The vehicle will have heaps more grunt down low, will have more aggressive city drivability, especially at intersections, green lights, etc. In addition also better towing abilities since torque is responsible for getting the dead weight moving until you reach travel speeds.
- We can extend the dynamic RPM range which is responsible for delivering maximum power and torque in specific revs. By widening this range the engine will have no chance to get outside of the top performing torque range, meaning no more lag while shifting gears.
- We’d also recommend increasing the boost pressure, optimizing the acceleration mixtures by adjusting certain parameters: e.g. Air Fuel Ratio (AFR), keeping Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) down and adjusting injection duration. These will ultimately give you that smooth power delivery that you’re after throughout the whole RPM range.
Fuel consumption is another beast altogether and since everyone loves fuel efficient vehicles it’s worth to mention how and why engines can save dollars. There are 5 main factors that determine fuel consumption and these are:
- engine controlling maps in ECU software
- condition of engine
- customized rims and tyres
- driver’s driving style