Ford Ranger PX / PX2 / PX3 / FX4
This sheep looks clean on the outside, but it's been having dirty thoughts ever since it met us. Fantasies about getting wet, doing naughty stuff in the bush and getting mud all over its body. Well, we can't blame the Ford Ranger, it's one of the most masculine players out there. And now that it has a lot of extra muscle it's really pumped with testosterone. With our abilities to add 40 extra horses, we will definitively help to turn those dirty thoughts into reality. We can only hope the owner will cope.
|year:||2011 - present|
|series:||PX / PX2 / PX3 / FX4|
|engine:||3.2 TDCi Duratorq|
|ECU:||Continental SID208 & SID209|
|power:||147 kW - 192HP|
what you get
- We can add 40HP to the factory 192HP - resulting 232HP
This helps the car in maintaining the top legal speed, which is typically a challenge for any vehicle on a hilly road. This is a result of horsepower utilisation at the high end.
- We can add 100N.m torque to the factory 470N.m - resulting 570N.m
Currently, a strength of modern diesel is torque. The vehicle will have heaps more grunt down low, will have more aggressive city drivability, especially at intersections, green lights, etc. In addition also better towing abilities since torque is responsible for getting the dead weight moving until you reach travel speeds.
- We can extend the dynamic RPM range which is responsible for delivering maximum power and torque in specific revs. By widening this range, the engine will have no chance to get outside of the top performing torque range, meaning no more lag while shifting gears.
- We’d also recommend increasing the boost pressure, optimizing the acceleration mixtures by adjusting certain parameters: aka Air Fuel Ratio (AFR), keeping Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) down and injection duration. These will ultimately give you that smooth power delivery that you’re after throughout the whole RPM range.
Fuel consumption is another beast altogether and since everyone loves fuel efficient vehicles it’s worth to mention how and why engines can save dollars. There are 5 main factors that determine fuel consumption and these are:
- engine controlling maps in ECU software
- condition of engine
- customized rims and tyres
- driver’s driving style